Star of the Sea Parish – Tightened Measures and Suspension of Public Masses
1) With effect from 02nd December 2020, regular Sunday and weekday “Public” Masses shall be suspended until further notice.
2) Other communal religious activities, with the exception of weddings (Note 1) and funerals (Note 2), shall be suspended as well.
(Note 1 – No more than 20 persons may participate, and no food or drink may be served.
Note 2 – There is no restriction on the number of participants.)
3) Parish church will remain open to the faithful for personal prayers and visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Those faithful who individually pray or visit the Blessed Sacrament in a church or chapel are not considered as a group gathering.
4) Please observe the following precautionary measures for the faithful or any other people who come to pray, to visit the Blessed Sacrament or to attend weddings or funerals:
a. a facial mask must be worn during the whole duration of the stay;
b. body temperature must be screened;
c. hands must be cleansed with sanitiser;
d. at least 1.5M social-distancing must be kept between individuals;
e. NO EATING OR DRINKING;
f. for people who are sick, or those who have someone undergoing “self-quarantine” at home, should not enter the building.
5) The faithful may choose one of the following alternatives to attending Sunday Mass:
a. Taking part in a Sunday Mass online, OR
b. Reflecting on the Sunday Liturgical text, reading the Bible or saying the Rosary, etc.
Online Masses and spiritual programs > https://catholic.org.hk/en/pastoralmeasures/
6) Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong – Press Release >